Your job overview
As a data engineer, you can expect a versatile position in a creative work environment, in which you support active portfolio projects in the laboratory by digitization and data modeling, as well as drive strategic initiatives in data sciences, data engineering, and IT/OT. In the open field of our current and future tasks, you have a wide range of opportunities to initiate your own approaches and new directions.
• You work as part of a cross-skilled team to understand, design, and build data pipelines in order to maximize value of data in the organization.
• You make sure that data is well structured, described by means of metadata and made readily available to the whole organization (FAIR), treating data as a product – with machine/deep learning as a secondary step to build insights out of it
• You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
• You identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
• You build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data‘ technologies.
• You work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• You create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products.
• You help define standards and good practices in regards to Data Architecture.
Who we seek
• You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
• You know how to design, build, scale and optimize data-driven solutions.
• You have experience in building big-data processing pipelines (e.g. with Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Mulesoft ESB, etc.)
• You have experience in different types of data stores (OLTP and OLAP with SQL, ElasticSearch, document and graph databases) and data modeling.
• You have experience and/or are eager to work with modern architectures (e.g. Event-driven architecture, DataMesh).
• You are open to new ideas and question conventional thought patterns and work processes.
• You value working in a performance driven environment, fueled by mutual respect, discussion, and collaboration.
• Your fluent English allows you to work efficiently in a global environment.