Fokus of this project is the development of protein-biochemical methods and workflows for the analysis of protein samples on the manufacturing floor in a fast or automated fashion.
• Your key responsibilities comprise of:
• the design of experimental workflows and development of efficient methods for biochemical sample preparation of proteins from different sources and matrices.
• setting up methods for efficient at-line/on-line LC and LC-MS analysis of various therapeutic protein candidates on the manufacturing floor.
• making sure the generated data are processed and analyzed with appropriate software tools and workflows.
• It will be your responsibility to closely interact and collaborate in a cross-functional matrix involving scientists from analytics, bio-processing and data science.
• Presentation of data internally and externally as well as literature search is part of your regular tasks. The publication of results will be supported.
• Degree in biochemistry, molecular (cell) biology, biotechnology, chemistry or a related field, ideally would be a PhD in one of these fields
• Strong background in protein (bio)chemistry and in protein mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
• Experience in mammalian cell culture, protein expression, lab automation and high-throughput sample processing, or basic programming are a plus.
• Excellent German and English
• Good communication skills
• Goal oriented and analytical mindset. Willingness to perform wet lab experiments and eager to establish new techniques and challenge the status quo.
• Experience with Matlab is a plus
Location: Upper Bavaria
Project start: 01.02.2020
Duration: 18 months
Availability: 5 days / week
Remote: ca. 20 %