- Position zu besetzen ab 1. März 2023
- Permanent-ID OCR-FL-2208
- Branche Pharma
- Beschäftigungsform Freelance/ Contracting
- Standort 8x
- Kategorien Freelance/Contracting, Pharma
The Global Omics Data Management (Global ODM) Program, a business-IT collaboration on advanced data management and implementation, is seeking a lead ontologist / metadata architect to lay down the foundational framework needed to manage the Omics Ontology life-cycle management in Global ODM. The external Contractor will interact closely with both IT and business research partners towards the FAIR data mission for digital life sciences. Stakeholders are in various global BI sites, and other interacting partners’ locations. Because of the internal lack of background knowledge in biomedical research BI needs an external Contractor.
Project Tasks & Responsibility
1. Analyzing the business requirements for the ontology life-cycle management based on information learned from existing Proof-of-Concept (PoC) studies, which are provided to the contractor by BI. Analyses will be documented, and a solution will be proposed in Confluence. The Solution will be based on the contractor’s analysis and his/her experience as an Ontologist.
2. Creating an actionable plan to build the ontology life-cycle management system based on the BI IT technology stack and/or propose a new solution that satisfies the service selection criteria. The ontology life-cycle management system shall perform the minimally required tasks of automatic update and
conflict consolidation in the Global ODM Omics Ontology residing in an internal metadata repository. Actionable plan is based on the POC Studies analysis, the Contractor determines feasibility and if the solution is implementable based on his/her experience.
3. Managing the implementation process to establish the planned ontology lifecycle management system depending on the outcome of the business analysis (vendor solution selection and/or in-house novel development). Management includes checking code and architecture of the BI ODM Team Engineers to
verify said code and verify feasibility.
• Minimal of 5 years’ experience and exposure of biomedical ontologies and standard vocabularies – such as OBO Foundry, CDISC/HL7, OMOP, or other W3C life science semantics specifications (RDF, OWL, SKOS, TTL).
• Must possess comprehensive understanding of metadata governance, metadata management by publicly-sourced domain ontologies, and real-time reflection of knowledge update.
• Must have knowledge of semantics backend implementation and familiar with technologies and query methodologies in the field – e.g., triple store, knowledge graph DB, ProstgreSQL
• Experienced in SPARQL query endpoints and/or other related implementations
• Exposure in biomedical research field is highly recognized for this position.
• Degrees of relevance: Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Data Engineering, Data Science, Semantics Engineering
• Who also has a comprehensive understanding of semantics web technology, linked data, and knowledge graph.
German Good to have
Project start: 01.03.2023
Duration: 10 months
Remote share: tbd., occasionally on-site